This is an amazing recipe I made this evening from the Clean and Lean Diet Cookbook, a definite buy for anyone wanting to eat really healthy food. Anyone that knows me well enough knows that I absolutely love cooking and I love to experiment with new recipes and make them my own. Obviously this blog is all about losing weight and eating a healthy diet so I thought this was a perfect recipe to share, and definitely one of the best dishes I’ve cooked in a long time!
As it says on the recipe page, top tip: ginger is good for your digestive health and can help your body to break down fatty foods.
20 tiger prawns, raw and unpeeled
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 red chilli, finely sliced
50g creamed coconut
3 tbsp of soy sauce
250g glass rice noodles
A bunch of coriander, to garnish
1 lime, quartered, to garnish
- Rinse the tiger prawns under cold water
- In a wok, heat the oil and gently fry the garlic, ginger and chilli, until well softened. Add the creamed coconut and 120ml boiling water. The sauce should be of a thick consistency. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes; do not allow to boil.
- Add the prawns and continue to cook until they have turned pink.
- Add the soy sauce and taste. Add more of both if needed to adjust the flavour.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Serves the prawns over noodles, sprinkled with coriander and a wedge of lime on the side.
This is my own take on the recipe, being at home meant I was able to use tiger prawns as they are quite expensive, if I was still at uni I would adapt it to what I was able to afford!! Also the original recipe used a green chilli but I decided to use a red chilli, which gave it a good kick.