If you saw my post last week on taking part in the Too Fat To Run Campaign then you will know that I have started running and doing exercises so I thought I would share what I have been doing with you.
This is totally a beginners guide and I was so unfit to begin with that I thought I would never be able to run a mile.
For the first week I did a 1.2 mile run everyday followed by 3 sets of 4 exercises, including plank, 10 squats, 10 crunches and 10 press ups. These then increased to 15 during the week and 20 by the end of the week.
Even though I was extremely unfit at the beginning of the week, I started to see improvements daily and by the end of the week I was running 2 and a half minutes quicker than the beginning of the week and on my own which meant it was time to step it up a notch.
My 8th run, after 1 rest day, took 17 and a half minutes, my best time yet and a 3 minute improvement since I started only a week ago.
My Top Tips for Beginning Running:
- Take it slow, think of it as a long race instead of a sprint
- It’s not going to be easy at first, so be patient
- As much as I would love things to happen overnight, it doesn’t, keep at it regularly
- Haters gunna hate, they just wish they were running themselves
- Keep track of your progress
Soon you’ll be thinking when the next time you can go for a run is!
Do you go running? How did you feel starting out?