A couple days ago I had the sudden urge to do some cooking. I’ve had a lot on recently and since moving back home I haven’t done as much cooking as I would have liked to. So I flicked through my Hemsley and Hemsley cook book and found these Baked Courgette Fries, I knew I had to make them! I also made turkey burgers for my family and chicken in an Encona BBQ marinade for me!
Baked Courgette Fries
2 Large Courgettes
50g Ground Almonds
Some Herbs and Spices
- Preheat the oven to 220C
- Slice the ends off the courgettes, halve them and slice each half lengthways. Slice each length into small strips, a bit like french fries. I kept mine a bit larger than french fries, similar to frozen oven chips you get from the shops. Season with sea salt.
- Mix the ground almonds, parmesan and herbs and spices in a bowl.
- Beat the egg, dip each piece of courgette into the egg, then into the almond, parmesan and spice mix to coat evenly.
- Lay the courgette fries in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Enjoy them with a turkey burger or some chicken!
The following recipe makes 5 burgers.
4 Turkey Breasts
4 slices of bread, add more or less as you feel required
- Put everything in a food processor and blitz until it is all well mixed.
- Grease a tray and take a ball of the mixture and pat out to make burgers.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with your courgette fries!
These courgette fries are super delicious and I could literally devour a plate of these!